Jorge L. SanchezCum Laude at Michigan State and a member of two bars? Very impressive, Mr. Sanchez, we're sure you'll make a fine attorney. Oh, wait. From the RJ:
· Practice Areas: Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Defense, Creditor Harassment
· Law School: Michigan State University – Cum Laude
· College: University of Nevada, Las Vegas
· Member: Nevada and Minnesota, United States District Court for the District of Nevada, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Clark County Bar Association, Latino Bar Association, National Association of Consumer Advocates
· Languages: Fluent Spanish
The petition said Sanchez has filed 669 cases in Bankruptcy Court since August 2008 and is still listed as the counsel of record in at least 400 of them.Let's see: 669 * ($1,500 + $2,500)/2 = $1,338,000. Oh, we're sorry, Jorge. That fails the WWL bright-line rule for permanent disbarment. Thanks for playing, please leave your law license at the door. In your next life, be sure to steal less than your total law school tuition.
Sanchez acknowledged in the petition that he received a retainer of $1,500 to $2,500 for each of his cases but no longer has any of that money to refund to his clients.
The Supremes also seem to have come up with a too-little, too-late solution for Jorge's clients:
The Supreme Court ordered that a trust account be set up to hold any future funds from Sanchez's clients and that he not be given access to that money.Future funds from clients? Oh, they must mean from all those new clients he'll be taking on during his suspension. Got it.
(LVRJ; Thanks, Tipsters!)